1:00pm Gould Park
Join the Walk led by fife & drum and the Second New York Regiment reenactors as we follow along the route of the Continental Army as they departed Dobbs Ferry for Yorktown, Virginia, on August 19, 1781.
2:00pm Mead House 12 Elm Street
- Meet the Ebenezer Stevens Artificers in dashing black and red uniforms, and discover how they repaired the Army’s muskets and cannons
- Kids can drill in formation with other new recruits and discover the value of teamwork
- Learn about camp life, including card and dice games
- See displays of early money and original and reproduction artifacts and tools used by colonists, soldiers and Native American craftspeople
- See demos of 18th century hair, makeup and tarot cards
Event is free, and refreshments will be served.
We are grateful for the generous support of Tensor Foundation, Village Justice Steven P. Grant, and Half Moon Restaurant, principal sponsors of Road to Freedom 2017.