Our homes are among our most precious possessions. By looking into their histories we learn more about ourselves and the families who created this village.
To find historic information on your home, including what year it was built:
- Go to the Town of Greenburgh website at http://www.greenburghny.com/
- Scroll down and click GIS maps & Tax Information on the left side of the page.
- Accept disclaimer conditions.
- Begin entering your address in the Search box in the upper left corner of the page. When the address appears in the area below the search box, click on the underlined address.
- Then click on the ‘Zoom To’ magnifying glass icon next to the address you’ve selected.
- Information on your property will come up on the adjacent box under the tab Parcel.
- Click on the Property Card. You can save or open the PDF document, and the document may be printed. This card includes information about the original building and any subsequent additions.
In the center of the card is an area containing the year the house was built. Unfortunately, for many old houses, the date will simply read “prior to 1865 (or some other early date).”
For further help, click on document: